Saturday, September 19, 2015

Treasures 4




"Treasures" (section)
Watercolor

Are you seeing any of your favorites yet?

Barney Rubble and Sylvester the cat bring back fond 
memories for we baby boomers.

I remember The Flintstones aired Friday nights.
And I had to rush to finish the dinner dishes before I could watch it.
(Yes, back when kids had chores, right?)
Not to mention all the time suck hours spent with Looney Tunes.
And my son as a little boy was crazy about the Ninja Turtles, 
playing for hours with his toys inventing all kinds of adventures.
Each character painted sends me off to a fond memory.

This is a bit tedious but its moving along nicely.
I think because there is not as much delicate color mixing as usual.
Many of the colors are right from the tube with a bit of tweaking for lights and shadows.

1 comment:

  1. I am very jealous of your amazing collection of Pez dispensers, Carmella! I love the fun compositions and mix of characters. My favorite so far is Batman with Miss Piggy. The reflections add to the interest, reminds me of the Carnival mirrors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...