Friday, September 4, 2015

Suminagashi Paintings


So some time ago I used my Suminagashi Papers as a back board to 
mount printed postcards of a few of my flower paintings.  I hand trimed in 
gold metallic paint and sold them as a set on ETSY.






I have just put them up on my website to be sold in a group of four in my MUSINGS section.
They each measure 8" x 10" and are ready for your standard size frame.

And now to present time.
 Here's my first try.
Nice enough little drawing but just didnt feel right for this project.

In a teacher reflective moment I thought if I were guiding my students in this what would I tell them?
I would want to support the Objectives in the lesson.
Japanese paper marbling should continue with an oriental style painting.


This is what I came up with and I think I like it.
A loose, quick brush application followed by equally quick
brush pen work.  

Not my style for sure but fun.

I'll be back with a few more of these.
I think I need more practice.

Have a great holiday weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Your expertise shows through in all your work Carmella. Love this "quickie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your "misses" are beautiful. Love your experiments - especially love this last piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...