Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Big Kid Painting of Little Kid Things

While working on this challenge for the month of September I have
also started a new painting.
And in keeping with my theme I am working on an iconic
kid object, the Pez dispenser.

I have been hoarding…err collecting these little guys for a while now 
just because they make me smile.
Some are vintage finds at garage sales and thrift stores and some I have found in novelty stores.
I always think of that Sienfeld episode where just seeing one during
a very serious performance Elaine looses it with the giggles.
And after staring at these little guys for sometimes hours at a time, I get that.


"Treasures" (section)
Watercolor
©Carmella Tuliszewski

The overall size of this piece is 18" x 24".
Instead of sharing the WIP in my usual way I will only reveal a small section at a time.

Hope it gives you the giggles! :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tam. This is my first venture into painting toy like things
      and I am loving it!

      Delete
  2. I love the playful paintings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawna! I have long admired your playful set ups for your acrylic paintings.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...