Monday, January 30, 2012

"Well Loved Doves" (All Done)

Because of my personal relationship with these two little stuffed doves this was a true labor of love.
Every turn of the ribbon and twist of leaves and twigs was a process I throughly enjoyed.



"Well Loved Doves",  Watercolor,  12" x 18"
© Carmella Tuliszewski  2012

I'm sure I will walk into my studio tomorrow morning with coffee in hand, stare at the painting for awhile and sit to pick at it for another hour or two.  I do have more refining to do on the right side.
The most difficult part of this piece was the jumble of twigs and leaves in the background.  I found that you have to focus on one leaf at a time and not get confused by the whole scene.  Also making it obvious that they are stuffed birds and not real birds drawn badly.

It will go up on my board in wait of a framing sale at Michael's.
I have the next painting ready to go.  It is a composite of several photos taken at the Philadelphia Flower Show a couple of years ago.  Now that we are deep into winter I look forward to some brightly colored flowers to work on.  
It's been a little over a month since I started this blog and I have to say I am really enjoying it.
I am getting 60 to 100 views a day.  Maybe not much by some standards but I started this as a visual journal for myself and am just thrilled to have people from around the world look in once in awhile!

Thanks you for stopping by!

Please scroll down through the next three post to see progressions.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you describe the process...aside from enjoying your incredible artwork, I've learned a thing or two just reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Carmella - Your artwork is amazing! I still have the princess painting you did of me when I was little :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...