Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Special Day

I will finish this painting today.  I wanted to share how it's going.  I love the light in this one and I hope I can keep it through to completion.  I think this is a good addition to my Flower Feast Series.

I always start with a very detailed drawing.  I am a detail person and although I love to do the wet on wet technique for parts of my paintings, I mostly work wet on dry by glazing color.
The latter technique gives me the more control on the finer areas.  

Happy with the conposition here.  The strong diagonal is always an eye catcher.

The background light in here is what attracted me to this research.  Speaking of the wet on wet techniques, here it comprises the entire background.  It's flowing quality is what makes the tight rendering of the subject pop out.  More work to do and I hope to be back tomorrow with the finish.

On a personal note, today is my 30 wedding anniversary!  Larry and I met in a disco in 1979.
So funny to think of that now- he in his polyester suit and me in my shinny dance dress.
The luckiest night of my life.  He's been a fun, loving and supportive companion all these years and I hope many more.  He's not an artist, actually a business guy, and doesn't really understand how I do what I do.  But, bless his heart, he's been a constant supporter.

Happy Anniversary Lar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...