Monday, March 25, 2013

Tackling The Dumo


I have to say that, although Rome was fabulous, Florence was my favorite city in Italy.  We were only there for one day so we had to pack alot in, all unforgetable!  

So now I take on The Dumo as part of my Italian Street People series.  The people part will come later.  This piece is actually a composite of three different photos.  Which is tricky because you have to match or invent the correct perspectives and lighting.  So I break out all my mechanical drawing and engineering tools and on this snowy Spring day I begin.  

The drawing is tetious, however, I plan to show a loose indication of all the ornaments on the building.  To do that everything has to be in the right place, perspectives need to be correct or else those loose plops of color later will look like a loose painting with a bad drawing underneath. 
And I want my people down on the street to be the major players here.


Also, for me, drawing it out and laying hands on the paper, makes me feel more confident when it's time to paint.  And as you may know, I love drawing!  
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...