Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Orchids

It seems I started this painting a long time ago.  It's been sitting on my table untouched while I allowed myself to be distracted by projects around the house.  But finally, I took a seat and took focus to the finish.  This is the first in a series which I will convert to a collection of note cards.   

There is a lot going on here, wet in wet, glazing and lifting not to mention many, many colors.
Color reacts to the colors around it.  Placing a blue shadow next to an orange area makes that orange all the more brighter to the eye.  Most of my work is glazed by a careful build up of color layers.  
The "out of focus" grouping in the back was worked through a loose wet in wet and outlining the grouping with a very subtle halo of peaches and greens.


"Snickers"
from the series
 "Pua Lu'au"
(Flower Feast)
Watercolor,  12" x 18"
© Carmella Tuliszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...