Tuesday, April 2, 2019

First painting of the year complete.

"Tablescape", Watercolor, 12" x 18"
©Carmella Tuliszewski

My first painting pf 2019 is complete.
I have always loved this blue and white table runner and bought it years ago with the intent of using it in a painting someday.
Have I painted enough Gerber Daisies? I think not.
Their large, beautiful circles of so many color variations in a single flower gets me everytime.
The pedals here hold many glazes of reds, oranges, yellows, greens and violets.
I usually use the colors complement to create a shadow, 
so various greens were added in the flowers cast shadows.
I often find painting greens difficult but, as with all things,
practice makes, if not perfect, better.

This is typical of the direction I find myself going with each painting.
Rich colors counterbalanced with strong directional lighting.
That is what keeps me engaged with the work and anxious to get to my table every day.


Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...