Friday, April 14, 2017

April Doings

March and April have been about 
house projects, grandmom time, hanging out with my recently retired husband 
and preparing to host my daughter's upcoming baby shower.
You know, life.
But in between I manage to catch time here and there
to work on my watercolor projects.


This large painting, 22" x 30", I began a few weeks ago.
The colors just keep me totally engaged and the magical things the light does 
through the colors keeps me challenged. 

I set this scene up in my driveway and waited for the early morning light to hit it just right.
All my photos then go into iPhoto for cropping, twisting, turning, brightness and saturation adjustments until I "feel" it and can't wait to get it on paper.



It has a ways to go but I'll get there.



"Sweet Treats", Watercolor, 20" x 24"

My Easter painting while in progress and the completed piece.
I love painting a season/holiday scene.
And thats just what it has to be, a labor of love.
Seasonal pieces are almost never juried into exhibitions and 
really don't sell for whatever reason.

Nevertheless, some things you have to do for the sake of doing.

I'll keep going on that bottle painitng and be back with a finish...eventually.

Happy Easter!


2 comments:

  1. Your drawing skills just knock my socks off, Carmella. But then, so does your painting!
    Great post. Thanks for the photos.
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...