Friday, February 14, 2014

A Week of Flowers


Happy Valentine's Day!

"Pink Light"
Watercolor, 8" x 10"
©Carmella Tuliszewski

What better to paint during an east coast artic tundra thunder snow storm than flowers!
I don't usually work on a black background but boy does it make whatever you are painting magical.
I didn't use frisket here instead painted in the background freely after the flower was finished.
That gives some variation to the darkness which I like.

"A Gathering"
Watercolor, 11" x 14"
©Carmella Tuliszewski

It has been a week of flowers and prepping for my next larger piece (more on that to come).
Here is an addition to my Pen & Ink Watercolors.  I like doing these in between my more realistic paintings as a break.  I find the ink drawings especially relaxing.
And although they are fun I really find more satisfaction in realism.
But I will keep both approaches going and might find a way to combine them at some point.

I wonder, which do you like better?

Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...